Following today’s announcement by the Government that Auckland will return to Alert Level 2 from 12:01am Thursday 24th September, we are pleased to let you know that from this Thursday, we will be able to start scheduling ice hockey activities again.
For those of you eager to cheer on your local NZIHL teams, we will shortly be announcing a new schedule for the NZIHL Showdown Series, so stay tuned!
We do however ask that our members adhere to the following common sense and Government endorsed health and safety guidelines when participating in AIHA run activities:
- Maintain a physical distance of 2m where possible
- No hand shakes after games. Fist bump with gloves on instead.
- Wash your hands often
- Keep a record of your travels (eg: COVID-19 Tracer app)
- Do not attend a game/practice/session if you are unwell
- No spitting on the ice or benches (or anywhere for that matter – gross!)
- No sharing of any equipment or water bottles
Refer to the Ministry of Health website for more information: https://covid19.govt.nz/health-and-wellbeing/protect-yourself-and-others/
Anything previously promoted with attendance restrictions for Monday 21st, Tuesday 22nd or Wednesday 23rd September will continue as initially promoted.
Here is a list of activities that will return under Alert Level 2 from 12:01am Thursday 24th September:
School Holiday Programme:
- U12 Programme: Confirmed going ahead as advertised – https://www.aiha.org.nz/aiha-term-3-school-holiday-programme-details/
- Bantam & Junior League Programme: Confirmed going ahead as advertised – https://www.aiha.org.nz/aiha-term-3-school-holiday-programme-details/
Learn to Play Programme:
- Thursday 24th September at Botany – 5:30pm – 6:30pm – no requirement to pre-register
Note: The Learn to Play programme will go on pause as usual over the school holiday period. Learn to Play will resume for Term 4 on Monday 12th October at Avondale, Wednesday 14th October at Avondale & Thursday 15th October at Botany, and then continue weekly.
- There will be no Super League this Sunday 27th September due to the school holidays. Super League games will resume on Sunday 18th October in their normal format with no requirement to pre-register.
Refer to the AIHA scheduling website for full details: www.aucklandicehockeyhub.co.nz
Bantam & Junior League:
- Thursday 24th September at Botany – 6:45pm – 8:00pm – Combined Bantam & Junior League training, no requirement to pre-register.
Games and practices will go on pause as usual over the school holiday period. Bantam & Junior League games and practice will commence from Monday 12th October. Refer to to the AIHA scheduling website and/or your team manager for full details: www.aucklandicehockeyhub.co.nz
Adult Hockey League (AHL):
- Thursday 24th September – AHL games at Botany
- Saturday 26th September – AHL games at Avondale & Botany
- Sunday 27th September – AHL games at Botany
AHL will continue thereafter, refer to the full schedule: www.aucklandicehockeyhub.co.nz
Note: Due to the limited amount of ice time available, and our goal to complete the season despite the disruptions we’ve faced, there will be more games scheduled at Botany than usual for this last half of the season. Game days and times may vary, refer to the online schedule for the latest information.