As announced in our recent update, AIHA has received confirmation that it is possible to hold Bantam & Junior League training sessions during the current Alert Level “2.5” restrictions, albeit in a different format to normal.
Our intention is to resume some ice hockey activity for our members, while maintaining a high standard of health and safety and adhering to the Alert Level guideline restrictions.
The following announcement includes details of when these training sessions will take place, the changes required, and how to register and attend.
- Each training will accommodate a maximum 27 players/goalies
- The ice will be split into thirds and you will remain in the same third for the duration of the practice. No intermingling between groups on the ice
- Each third of ice will have one coach directing the zone.
- Spaces will be filled on a first come first served basis, but we ask that you sign up for the sessions that are closest to you geographically
- All sessions are included in 2020 season fees, there will be no extra cost
- Please sign up only for the sessions of the league you currently play in (i.e. if you play in the Bantam League, sign up for Bantam Training)
- Sessions that state Bantam & Junior Training will be combined and anyone from either Bantam or Junior Leagues are able to pre-register and attend
- You must be pre-registered to attend a session, players who are not pre-registered will not be allowed in the rink
- Players to come to the rink dressed in as much gear as possible. No dressing rooms will be open, and players must social distance in the stands.
- No spitting on the ice, or sharing of any equipment or water bottles
Our hope is that these restricted training sessions are only in place for a short period of time, and that we can resume full ice hockey scheduled activities soon.
The Government is scheduled to make an announcement about the Alert Levels on Monday 21st September. After this announcement and once more is known about what changes may be made to the Alert Levels, AIHA will provide an update to its members about scheduled activity for the rest of this week and beyond. All other dates & times not listed below are to be confirmed once the Alert Level announcement has been made by the Government.
Pre-Registration & Schedule:
Monday 21st September at Avondale – 6:30pm – 7:30pm : Bantam Training – register: https://forms.gle/8V9ogRMCVd9352LG9
Monday 21st September at Avondale – 7:45pm – 8:45pm: Junior Training – register: https://forms.gle/RCnTQg9wm3yZVPEX6
Tuesday 22nd September at Avondale – 6:45pm – 8:00pm: Bantam & Junior Training – register: https://forms.gle/LkUtAm7exMdwAotx9