Due to the ongoing effects of the COVID-19 lockdown and gathering restrictions in Auckland, we are writing to you to advise the cancellation of the remainder of the 2021 AHL, Bantam, Junior and Super League seasons.
Please read the full announcement below, including important details about what we need you to do.
The AIHA Board of Directors have continued to meet over the last three months to discuss potential extensions to the season at various stages of the alert level system. However, the length of time that we have been in lockdown and thus unable to operate, has now made it impossible for us to finish the 2021 season for the above leagues prior to the Christmas break.
We are saddened by this decision, however in many ways the decision is out of our hands due to the lockdown restrictions and simply not having enough time left to finish the season.
Requests for Donations, Refunds, and Instalment Changes:
Due to the cancellation of the rest of the season, we have put together a refund process that we as a club can afford, keeping in mind we have already incurred administration, payment processing and other expenses relating to operating these leagues.
While we are able to refund fees to those who require the refund, we are also a charitable non-profit organisation, and any donation of those fees (by way of not claiming your refund), will greatly assist AIHA in surviving the continued effects of COVID-19. If you would like to donate your fees to AIHA by not claiming a refund, please complete the form here. Anyone who donates their fees can claim a donation tax credit of 33% as AIHA is a registered charity. We will provide a receipt for your tax records.
- Final instalment for the 2021 season removed from all accounts, so this is no longer required to be paid, therefore, no refunds are due to those on the instalment plan.
Payments made in full at the beginning of the season:
- Players who paid their fees in full at the beginning of the season will be refunded $75.00, which is the equivalent to the final instalment that is not being charged to people on the instalment plan.
- Fifth instalment of $149.00 to be refunded to players
- Sixth (final) instalment of $149.00 for the 2021 season has been removed from all accounts, therefore it won’t be charged so no refund for this is due
Payments in full at the beginning of the season:
- Players who paid their fees in full at the beginning of the season will be refunded $298.00, which is the equivalent of two above instalments
We are planning to hold some drop-in sessions in December for players in our Bantam & Junior Leagues and will share more information about this shortly. We intend to collect all Bantam & Junior league jerseys from players prior to Christmas, and ask those who attend the drop-in session to bring their jerseys with them so we can collect them.
Since the Super League is a pay as you go league, no refunds are due to players. Any Learn to Play concession cards you have purchased will remain valid for future sessions.
We are planning to hold Learn to Play sessions in December, and encourage Super League players to attend these where possible. We will share more information about this schedule soon.
We intend to collect Super League jerseys and player of the day trophies back from players prior to Christmas, and ask those who will be attending Learn to Play in December to bring their jerseys with them so we can collect them.
What you need to do from here:
- If you would like to donate your fees to the club, by not claiming a refund, please complete your details on this form so we have your authorisation: Click Here
- If you want to receive your refund – you do not have to do anything, we will refund your fees to your credit card within 7-10 working days.