Auckland Ice Hockey Association (AIHA) is now seeking expressions of interest for a dedicated, ambitious and knowledgeable Head Coach that will start with the club in the 2020 season.
The Head Coach role will be based in Auckland, New Zealand and will see the successful candidate working with a wide range of age groups and skill levels, developing and leading AIHA’s coaching strategies.
As part of this initial expression of interest, we are seeking an outline of your coaching history, achievements in coaching, qualifications and an overview of your game ethos and strategies.
The Head Coach position is a full-time, salaried role and will be remunerated based on the qualities of the successful candidate.
A more detailed job description will be made available to short-listed candidates in due course.
The window for submitting your expression of interest shall close on Sunday, 24th November 2019.
If you are interested, please submit your expression of interest via email, with a cover letter outlining your interest and suitability for the role and attach your ice hockey CV, by no later than Sunday 24th November 2019.
Overseas candidates must be able to successfully apply for a New Zealand work visa.
For further information please email: email@example.com
Please email applications to the General Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
Qualities we are looking for in the successful candidate:
- Ability to work with parents and children of diverse cultural backgrounds and skill levels
- Develop effective working relationships with the Board of Directors, General Manager, staff and volunteers
- Knowledgeable about the rules and fundamental techniques required of the sport
- Ability to obtain current CPR/first aid certification
- Ability to work effectively with sports coaching staff parents and players of all ages
- Maintains consistent communication with General Manager
- Develop positive self-image with athletes
- Attends clinics/workshops related to sport
- Utilize sound teaching methods to develop skills/techniques
- Demonstrate public support/loyalty for coaches
- Demonstrate positive team sportsmanship toward opponents and officials
- Perform other duties as assigned by the General Manager
- Someone with the ability to read and interpret documents such as rules, operating instructions and procedure manuals
- Ability to write regular reports and correspondence
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of members, volunteers or staff of the organization
Overview of the Club:
Auckland Ice Hockey Association was established in July 1987 and is situated in Auckland, New Zealand. There are two privately owned ice rinks in Auckland and the Club has 36 teams ranging from our National Representative teams through to our U9 age group teams.
AIHA Is a registered charity and has a membership of approximately 700. A tightly knit community with a key focus on growing the sport throughout New Zealand, AIHA is supported by a fantastic group of volunteers that assist with the day to day running of the Club.
For more information, visit our website: www.aiha.org.nz
Overview of Ice Hockey in New Zealand:
The New Zealand Ice Hockey Federation (NZIHF) is the governing body of ice hockey in New Zealand. Formed in 1986, the NZIHF oversees all ice hockey activity in New Zealand and as a member of the International Ice Hockey Federation (IIHF), the NZIHF has access to the IIHF World Championships, IIHF Development Camps and the Equipment Support Program for developing ice hockey countries.
Ice hockey in New Zealand is played in three official Regions that are registered with the NZIHF – Auckland, Canterbury, and Southern (Otago/Southland). Each Region holds its own leagues in the respective age groups and is responsible for conducting these competitions.
For more information visit www.nzicehockey.co.nz